CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Break in Mehico!

Finally- we can say that we spent Spring Break in Mexico! It was all made possible by a generous Christmas gift from my parents. The Healey clan all went on a week long cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Simply put- we had a BLAST! I could spend a very long time detailing all the MANY fun things we did over the course of the cruise--- but I will just let the pictures speak for themselves. (After going through our pics from the cruise, there were well over 50 that I wanted to post, but since that would just be silly- here are the ones that made the cut...)


We started things off right with a little karaoke the first night! *Note my dad trying to hide behind us.....



Even Colton had to represent!


Striking a pose for the formal night

We were going for awkwardly posed high school dance picture--- But you knew that already, Right!
Having Grandma Salmon there was honestly the BEST! She's the greatest!

And having these two join us was just "the cherry on top!" They were such troopers.



If you asked anyone in my family what I wanted to do MOST on the cruise, they would tell you that all I wanted to do was DANCE!!! And dance we did!


Here we are rock'n a little YMCA

And there was no shortage of conga lines on this ship....




One of several rounds of "Name that Tune"


Rollerblading on the top deck

And why not a little ice skating while we're at it


(Amber- I'm still laughing at the monk)


They guys warming up for the big dodge ball tourney!


Plenty of shopping at the very chic, high-end shops all over Mexico

And it wouldn't be a cruise without a ridiculous amount of EATING! Pretty sure we didn't stop eating the entire trip.


I had to include this gem- We got to see my Grandma Healey before we got on the ship. She is serving her mission in California and we where very close to sneaking her on the ship with us. I still think we should have.

Saved the best for last..... Zip lining and repeling through the jungles of Puerto Vallerta was for sure our favorite part of the trip! As my dad said- "It was a CAN'T MISS!"

Justin and I have to give credit where credit is due. None of this could have been made possible without the doings of four very special people. First, we thank my parents for sending us all on this AMAZING vacation. Second, we thank our wonderful friends, The Watts, for welcoming Hayden into their family while we were gone. You guys truly are the greatest!


13 comments:

The Sullengers said...

I love all the pics - it looks like you had a blast! Did you purchase lots of goodies in Mexico?

Kathryn Lewis said...

"oh Monica"! I miss you so much. I was just thinking that it has been a whole year since our adventures from the practicum. Oh the condo...and Daniel...and the Bingo game. hahaha Anyway, looks like you had a ball. I am so glad you and Justin had an amazing trip. You two deserve only the best! Love ya!

Hayley England Kling said...

This looks like so much fun Monica! You're family is so cute and fun :) I hope you are doing well. We are getting ready to go on this cruise in April and I can't wait. I'm glad to hear you liked the Zipline cuz we were debating whether or not to do it. Did you cruise with Carnival??

Kiley . Amy . Ava said...

I just have a big smile on my face right now! We had so much FUN. Let's do it again.

Hali said...

Oh YAY! I've been waiting for this post! So glad Justin got to sneak away from his studies for a litte fun. Looks like a blast!

Miss your face! Loves!

The Comin Family said...

Hey Monica I know it's been a long time but I just wanted to say hey and you look great! Have you lost weight? You seriously look amazing! What a fun trip! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Oh Monica! I seriously miss you! I laughed my head off reading this post. Especially when I saw you dancing and the random guy behind you! LOL I hope hope hope we can meet up somewhere soon!!!

Ann Mitchell said...

What a great time!!! I saw Amy's pictures, and it looks like your dad had the best time of all!

Keri Larson said...

Lucky!!!!! I'm so jealous. I wanted to do something fun for spring break, but we just did home improvements. Lame-o. Anyway, How are you guys? I love all your pics. It looks like you had an awesome time.

Jessica said...

Ok, the conga line with the random dude hanging on to you has to be the best picture you took. He's like a deer in headlights...poor guy looks lost! Yes, that was the best. Lets go back right now! looks like you really did take advantage of all the wonderful things the ship had to offer. Just one question....No Drangons Lair???? or was that PG13 and not appropriate for a family blog??

Amber said...

AHHHH I cant stop laughing at all the pictures, and for sure Ice Skating ohhh ohh ahh ahh! oh man that was the best. Dragon sLayer..monica you have the best moves of anyone around, you win the dance contest for sure! and remember to be on the watch for....the JUGGLER~!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Monica--at long last a post! But well worth waiting for. My goodness! What a trip. I know now that a cruise is going to be bumped way up higher on MY bucket list! This one looks wonderful and you guys sure had a fun time. What a fun adventure for you two! Thanks for sharing.

Chels Grubbs said...

I'm sure you freaking killed it on name that tune!!! um remember my random passionate hatred of Stevie Nicks? I thought about that the other day and about how you were the only one I told and couldn't stop laughing at all of the memories I have with you : ) What a fun vacay!!! I would probably have been puking the whole time but maybe I just could have popped a couple of xanax like I do when I fly and believe me, it takes everything to a new level haha. Miss you !!!