CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 29, 2010

As I awoke today I was very happy- well more like thrilled- to see my husband still sound asleep next to me. HIP HIP HOORAY FOR THE SNOW DAY!!!! Memphis and all the surrounding areas are pretty much shut down today. One might assume that it must look something like this outside.....



But one would be wrong. This is what it looks like outside.







Snow days here are VERY different from the snow days in Utah. It brings a smile to my face that this qualifies as "winter storm" in the South. Gotta love the winters in the South. There is quite a bit of ice starting to accumulate on the roads so there is a chance that it might get worse, but still nothing like the winters in Cedar City.

It's a good thing that the weekend came early. Something tells me Justin needed a break.....



This is how I found him yesterday when I went to tell him that dinner was ready. So today we are spending the day exactly how we want. --- Justin is doing lots of relaxing and entertaining Hayden. I just finished spring cleaning our apartment and now I am basking in the joy that is a clean apartment! Life is good!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Holy crap, you have got to be the best blogger I know! I am laughing my head off. You totally had me with that first pic! I even showed Michael.....and then I scrolled down. Love it Love it! Good for you two, you deserve a break. love and miss you.

The Sullengers said...

That is so funny that Justin was just lying on the ground! We love snow days here - we spent ours playing games, eating good food, lounging, and making cookies...can't get better than that!

Hali said...

Poor Justin! So glad you had to just BE! Hope things are going well (minus that ridiculously severe weather you've had. Man!) Ha.

Lots of love!

Ann Mitchell said...

Snow Day cracks me up! My cousin's family in North Carolina posted a lot of pictures on Facebook of their "snow." Funny!

Linda Liebhardt said...

They should just call it what it is--"Ice Hazard! Stay home!" But I'm glad you enjoyed it. Poor Justin on the floor. I thought it was Hayden at first, napping.

Christian said...

Hahaha! I TOLD YOU YOU'D LOVE THE SOUTH!!!! That's what my winters in high school revolved around--snow days that left my family flabbergasted because it was so ridiculous. But southerners don't know how to drive in snow. Plus, all the moisture turns to ice. So, we've got to give the South a little more credit. But it's still hilarious! Glad y'all got an extra day off! How's life?

Anonymous said...

Poor Justin! School is rough! I am glad you guys got a snow day! I felt bad for you until I scrolled down!! The sad this is the first picture is how some of the cars here looked a few weeks ago after we got all of the snow we did.

Pretty sure I am ready for spring! Too bad we are still at least 2 months away!

Chels Grubbs said...

What wussies!!! But that is AWESOME!!! Poor Justin collapsed in the hallway hahaha, speaking of falling.........why could I not stop laughing the other day when I remembered the story you told me of when you fell out of a moving vehicle on state street!!!?!?!?! hahahahahahahahahaha Oh how I miss you