The second he saw the family room he screamed "BALLOONS!" He played with those balloons for a very long time. Never mind the presents from family in Utah (you are all the best!) on the couch for him to open- he has balloons! Guess we know what Santa is bringing him this year...
I even made him a car cake, which is quite the feat considering last years cake fiasco. I made Hayden a Lego / block cake. Unfortunately no one could tell what it was. One brother-in-law said the following when he saw it- "Uh, what is that? An upside down cow?" It was bad. Not good at all. So I wasn't sure if I would give it another go this year, but I finally decided to. It wasn't hard deciding what kind of cake to make. Hayden is all about "driving daddy's car!" Pretending to drive is hands-down Hayden's favorite thing to do.
Now don't look too close. Had I known how long it would take for me to make this cake, I don't think I would have even attempted. But Hayden sure loved it and that's all that matters. We couldn't even get him to take his eyes off the cake long enough for a picture. Can you see him drooling?
We finally quit torturing him and let him DIG IN!
After all was said and done!
Hayden is still a sweet little boy for the most part, but he is definitely into the terrible two stage when he wants to be. That boy can throw a fit. But we still love him to death! Hayden is honestly my best little buddy. I LOVE to be with him. He keeps me smiling. Thanks to that little guy this move to Memphis has been fun and gone very smoothly. Simply put- We can't live without him!
Thanksgiving break was probably our favorite week here so far. We got Justin back for a whole week! A week that went by way too fast. Now we have given him back to school. Hayden and I are just waiting until Christmas vacation when we get him back again. We also can't wait to see our family and friends in UTAH! The countdown has commenced- mission "Beehive State" will begin in two weeks, one day, nine hours, twenty.........

8 comments:
TWO!?!?! Already? Where did that time go? Yikes! Looks like he had himself a good time. Yay mommy Monica! Love the cake. So impressed!
Now... what exactly does one have to do to reserve a time slot for visitation during mission "Beehive State?" Fill me in. Please :-).
Miss you!
Happy Birthday Hayden--he is so cute. I am glad he had a wonderful day. We decorated the house for Lucys b-day and she loved it. It is definately something we will continue doing each year. I am glad you guys had a nice break and have going home to look forward to.
He is so cute! I'm glad to see your doing good in Tennesse all of us from Mr. P's class miss you here in Utah
I LOVE the cake - you did a great job - Hayden is so lucky! Holiday breaks are always the best weeks because you do get your husband's back - only 1 1/2 weeks till Christmas! Yay!
Happy Birthday Hayden! And look at you Betty! The cake looks awesome.
I bet you guys are so excited to go home. I remember the first Christmas after we moved away. I couldn't WAIT to get to Utah.
We MUST get together sometime during the holidays. I want to see Hayden before he is 5!
Love ya Miss Monica!
O gosh sister, you have to be the cuttest mom I know. Look at you, decorating, and who knew that you had Betty Crocker in you all this time just waiting to come out. I love the cake. You are my new hero. And look at your cute appartment. I love it. and yes, we are all counting down the big trip out here. love and miss you guys. can't wait to see you.
Oh-Wow ! You have two year old along with all the stuff that goes with it. It just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?
Cute pictures, thanks for sharing. Take care of your two cuties! (And I got a kick out of the lego cake story--funny!)
Aammmaaazzziiiinnnngggg!
Post a Comment