This is a splendid time of year. Don't you agree? This past week has been the first without rain ever since we moved here and it was beautiful. We got a pass to the Memphis Zoo and we have been lots. There are several other families that have passes as well which makes it nice. It is a perfect way for Hayden and I to spend the day while Justin is stuck at school taking a million tests. Poor guy! I feel so bad for Justin because school is crazy- full of stress and tests. The highlight of his day is when he finally gets home. It is the highlight of my day too.
Halloween was super duper! Hayden was the just the cutest little buzz there ever was! Ha Ha- My sister, Amber, saved the day and let us use this amazing costume. Everyone kept commenting on how "authentic" it was. I wanted to take credit, but I couldn't.
Don't those gloves fit so well?
Don't worry- the kid on the railing was alright after a few minutes.
Truth be told Hayden was pretty unsure about the whole Halloween thing. After going around to some of the cars at our ward's trunk-or-treat he only had one thing on his mind.......
"Drive Daddy's Car" was all Hayden wanted. It is all he ever wants. We have spent so much time sitting in the car just letting him pretend to drive. Nothing makes him happier. So what kind of parents would we be if we deprived him of his only wish on Halloween? If things keep going the way they are, Hayden's Christmas present from us will be one full day in the car!
Hayden has been sleeping in his "big boy bid" for the past few weeks. He is doing great in it- that is as soon as he decides to quit sneaking out of his bed and opening his door to see what we are doing. It always takes about three or four times of us putting him back in his bed before he stays. (The first night he snuck out Justin told me that we need to handle this like the Supernanny handles it- don't say anything just put them back in their bed. I am still giggling that he referenced the Supernanny. How did he know that? We don't even watch that show. Well, apparently he does. :)
As for me I am just peachy! I have enjoyed every minute of staying home with Hayden. I was worried that when we moved here I would have a hard time staying at home all day after being so busy this past summer. There was no need for my worry. I couldn't be more thrilled that I get to stay home. If ever I get bored or have a rough day all I have to tell myself is "You are done with college!" and instantly my outlook is better. Works every time!
Lately I look forward to Tuesday and Thursday nights because that is the night that I go to a Zumba class at the local Baptist church. There is a group of us that go and we LOVE it. Sure, we love how fun the workout is and that we are getting exercise, but this is not what makes us love Zumba. It is the deep southern women that make it so great. (For further explanation you will have to contact me.- Those of you who I have told about this know what I mean!) So between school, zumba, the zoo, good friends, and everything else, this is starting to feel like home.

10 comments:
we have a zoo pass and love it, we will have to go sometime and you gotta love zumba!
Ok... why did Trecia and I NOT get to hear about Zumba with the deep southern women?!? Must hear stories! :D
So fun to talk to you last week. Glad all is well. Can't believe how big adorable little Hayden is getting. Man oh man! Miss you face!!! [But I WILL see you at Christmas time, remember! ;-) ]
LOVES!
Drive the car hayden drive!
Father...please help us pass that McDonalds...!!! :) Zumba is the best! Burn some extra calories for me on Tuesday and I'll see you Thursday - maybe Wed for mother's group?
You guys sound like you are having a blast! good for you! and Hayden is ADORABLE! love the costume.
hayden is so cute. he looked so good in the costume. i'm so impressed that he is in his big boy bed. i haven't done the switch yet.
I'm so glad you are enjoying your time there--Time with Hayden, Time with self, Time with new friends, Time to be supportive of a hard-studying hubby! What a life! I look forward to seeing many more updates!
oh its fun to hear your update on your family. I was picturing Justin and his supernanny talk and gave myself a good laugh. How hillarious. Good for you though, way to start out good from the get go, we still have to lie with seth till he falls asleep. And I must say you've peeked my interest with Zumba....hey but I went private on my blog so you need to email me your address to sneakrz22@yahoo.com
P.S. That is a Fantastic Buzz costume. So cute.
We're so putting Hayden in the Buzz costume come Christmas! I have to squeeze him while he's in it. And a great big Happy Birthday wish to my sister! I hope today is a great day. I love you and miss you guys. You're getting so old:)
What a cutie!! How fun ofr you guys! It sounds awesome there! I am so glad things are going so well for you!!!
Post a Comment