Justin is now a Student Doctor and he has the white coat to prove it!
We went to Justin's White Coat Ceremony where each first year student was presented their white lab coat. Hayden and I are so proud of Justin. It was so exciting to see him in his official white coat with all the other students.
We are sad that none of our family could be there--- So this is for them!
I know what you're thinking- "How was Monica able to film and keep Hayden quiet and under control?" I guess it's a combination of good parenting and having a great child.
This couldn't have anything to do with it...
Gotta love Barney! The funny thing is that before we had Hayden we swore that our children wouldn't watch Barney or other annoying children's shows. I only wanted him to watch things like Baby Einstein videos. Now I can't decide who loves Barney more- me or Hayden. That dinosaur is a sanity saver sometimes. (I feel the need to point out that this is the only time we have ever taken that DVD player somewhere like this. Really.)
It is so exciting getting a little bit closer to the day when Justin will be done. As for now we are just enjoying the ride!

10 comments:
Oh my gosh this cracks me up!! Serious, we are in the same boat with that gay old dinosaur. he's saved me on a number of occasions. YAY for justin! congrats you two.
YAY Justin and yay for frequent blog posts! You guys look so happy. LOVE it. (Especially the Barney ;-). Loves!
Congrats Justin! Way to go on the DVD! I would have totally done the same thing.
Oh, I'm so glad you got to attend the white coat ceremony. It's really special--so I hear! I missed Damian's but his Dad went and LOVED it. Onward and upward--Go Justin! You guys are such a cute family. I love the updates. Keep them coming.
Monica that is hilarious! Beckem is like that with Elmo and it's such a life saver! Great idea! Congrats to Justin and his new white coat!
You are BRILLIANT! And it was good parenting and planning and a good kid, so you were right the first time. :-)
We miss you, and kick ourselves for not visiting while you were in AF!
Hooray for his new white coat and hope you are liking memphis!
Love Val
I'm still laughing my A off at the picture of Hayden watching Barney. And you look so beautiful! Maybe it's cause I haven't see you in a couple of months but the south is treating you well sister. Congrats to Justin- we are so proud of him too! Love you guys.
I just got SO giddy!!! Look at how official he is!!!!! YAY Justin!!! And I dont think Hayden could be cuter!!! hahaha good parenting eh?
Hi, Hope you don't mind...Cheryl gave me your blog address because I was trying to find you on Facebook, but couldn't. We were just talking about you the other day, because Cheryl found some old photos. So I was like, "I miss Monica, she really is so funny." And then we had another good laugh because of the old
"Don't look directly into the diamond!"
quote of yours. And I thought you might get a kick out of remembering it too.
Anyway, I hope that you are well, and enjoying your new surroundings. You have a darling little boy! It looks like life is going well for you. Keep laughing!
-Julie (Mortensen) Jardine
I just subscribed to your blog :) I think you are so smart to bring Barney to the white coat ceremony. I hear you guys got lucky and had a short one. Our was SOOO long and I was SOO done holding Lucy and running the halls with her. Hayden is one cute kid!
Post a Comment