This is a look into our new life in Memphis:
This lovely building is what brings us here to the South!
This is how Justin spends most of his time...
And this is how I spend most of my time...
Many a day has been spent at this park when the weather allows us to be outside without sweating to death. (gotta love the humidity) "Slide" is Hayden's favorite place.
Hayden also loves the ducks that live in the pond right outside of our apartment. When he sees them he immediately asks for "bed" to feed the ducks.
Although Memphis has some, shall we say, less than favorable areas... oh who am I kidding- honestly Memphis has some SCARY neighborhoods! But we were happy to find that there are still some fun and safe areas as well.
While Justin's parents were still here we went to Mud Island, which is an island in the middle of the Mississippi river. There is a park with a model of the Mississippi river that you can play in. This is just a small section of the model river, which goes on for a long time. I tried going back this week with a group of other mothers but the weather had other ideas. Justin and I both agree that we didn't know what rain was until we moved here.
We also went to the Memphis Children's Museum with a friend and her kids. It was so great. I'm certain Hayden could have stayed there all day.
Right now Hayden constantly asks if he can "bribe" - which means drive. One day we let him sit in the driver's seat- when the car was off, of course- and now that is all he wants to do.
Needless to say, Hayden was in complete heaven when he saw this police car at the museum! His favorite part was when I would sit in the back seat.
Fed Ex headquarters is in Memphis so there was part of a Fed Ex plane in the museum. Hayden couldn't get to all of the switches and buttons fast enough.
We can't believe that we have already been here for almost two months. It has gone by so fast. We are really enjoying ourselves. The transition has been much easier than I thought it would be. It is very different here, but different in a good way. There are lots of other families that are here for optometry school so it has been easy to meet people and make friends. It's nice having lots of other moms stay at home with their kids so Hayden and I have friends to play with. Justin is doing well in school. School is getting more and more demanding each week so Justin is studying, studying, studying. Although he has not said this, I think Justin is loving every minute of school even though it is a lot of work. Overall, we are settled and life is great!
July- Summer continued
2 weeks ago

6 comments:
O Monica, I miss you Guys! I am so glad you posted so we can see a little bit of your new life. two months?? OMGosh! I hope that is a preview of the next few years....you'll be home in no time. It looks like you are doing great. We love and miss you so much.
I love the pic of Hayden in the police car! and my favorite is that he preferred you in the back seat... he wants to be all grown up. I love that you have all these "moms" to hang out with and go places. I already know you're the favorite "mom" to play with! I love your decor in the kitchen too... (the pic of Justin studying). We love and miss you guys.
Looks like fun we miss you at riverton elm.
monnie....we miss you guys so much! hayden is getting so grown up and he is so darn cute. you guys are the cutest family and please post more pics of everything. i love seeing what your new surroundngs are like. Cant wait for the trip out there, and to see you at thanksgiving. only like 7 weeks!
YAY for blog updates! Looks like you guys are really adjusting well. I'm SO glad! Can't believe how big Mr. Hayden is getting. Yikes! Too cute. Take care!
PS... headed to the Cedar place in a month or so for work. Trecia and I will miss you! (But will do something really crazy in your honor ;-). Loves!
What a fun place and exciting time for your cute little family. I'm so glad you are getting out and enjoying it. I've actually heard of "Mud Island," so I'm glad you posted a picture of it. Study hard, Justin!
Hayden is such a cutie! Keep those pictures coming. That is the favorite part of ANY blog, right?
Post a Comment