The Jackman family has officially made the big move to the South. Justin and his parents made the long drive to Tennessee last week. Hayden and I cheated and flew out a few days later. Justin's parents are the greatest for helping us with the big move. Thank you grandma and grandpa! So far things have gone really well. We have been busy getting settled in and getting used to our new life here. We live right on the border of Tennessee and Mississippi. Things are very different here. Take for example the accents- which are so contagious- I keep kind of slipping into the southern drawl. Southern hospitality can't be beat- for the most part everyone is so friendly and very respectful- lots of sir's & ma'am's. I have been called 'Miss Monica' several times. Everything is so green, lush, and beautiful. The only bad thing is that we are afraid to play in the grass too much because we have been warned about chiggers- (dun dun dunnnnn). Our new ward is going to be great. Even though we have only been once we can tell it is going to be a whole new experience! Our only complaint is the humidity and the bugs. The humidity is something I don't think I will ever really get used to. And as for the bugs- they are everywhere! There is a great pond in our backyard. Hayden loves to feed the hundreds of ducks that come to our door, but it makes for some nasty mosquitos. I think it would be a little easier to bear if I could finally get to see a firefly but so far I have had no such luck. Although we miss our families and friends in Utah we know that we are right where we are supposed to be!
Stay tuned- pictures are coming

11 comments:
That is one of the best feelings is knowing that you are were you are suppose to be:) We hope that it all goes well!! You will be amazed at how fast it goes by:)
--The Matthews--
Yay for you!!!:-)!!! I think as Hayden grows older he'll enjoy the ducks!
What a fun transition. I hope it continues to go well. One bonus of the humidity is that you rarely need lotion. I didn't use lotion or facial moisturizer until I moved to Utah. I'm sending firefly (lightening bug) happy thoughts your way!
So glad the move went well and you like it there. Hayden is a doll, and I bet he just loves having you for a Mom!!
Lots of Love
Congrats on your move! I hope everything stays as great as it sounds.
So glad you're getting settled in, and so glad you're where you're supposed to be [even though we shall miss you, "Miss Monica" ;-) ]. Keep us posted! Loves!
Yay for mommy momo and fam!!! I miss the southern hospitality! Trust me the humditiy sucks now, but it will get better! Just think, you won't have to wear as much lotion! But you'll probably have to spend that money you saved on lotion to get hair products! My hair is a frizz ball when I go down to see fam! Watch out for this chiggers! Their gross and scare you. Sometimes they look like a tick! But just be careful and all is fine. I never got anything like that and I lived there for 13 1/2 years! I miss you tons and hayden is just too cute! I just want to squeeze those cheeks for his:)
We are so glad that everything went well, and the trailer didn't fall off and all of your stuff go flying! haha, we are sad that we won't be able to see you as often now, but we are happy that everything seems to be doing good there! I hope that you are finding some good friends there, and that you are finding your place.
P.s. We are closing on our house this weekend! I'll be posting some pictures on our blog so check it out!!
Love, the Markles
If you want to see a firefly, the best place to see them is in a wooded area. Just go where there are some trees and you should see them all over. They are so awesome. Zack even caught one here and then taped in to the fridge cause he thought it was so cool.
Sounds like Alabama! :) So glad everything is going well for you!
Dear Miss Monica,
(That's just so dang cute, isn't it?) We used to catch fireflies in Texas when I was younger, too. I won't tell you what WE did to the poor little bugs. (Bugs in general are nasty! Watch out for spiders, too)
Can't wait to see the pictures you said were coming--two weeks ago or more! Hey, c'mon! You're a stay at home mom with tons of time on your hands, right? Ho ho ho. Glad to hear you are settling in. Enjoy your fun new adventures! [And watch the pond and toddler out back...from worry- wort Linda]
Post a Comment