CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Are Babies Really Expected to Eat That?

I gave Hayden meat for the first time today. It was Gerber chicken in a jar. As soon as I opened it and smelled that nasty stuff I knew this was going to be interesting. After the first bite Hayden made the weirdest face and then started twitching a little. Here is what I am talking about.

Needless to say that was the last bite. Poor guy. I can't believe babies are expected to eat that junk. Any suggestions on how I am supposed to get Hayden to eat meats?

16 comments:

Kiley . Amy . Ava said...

I'm still laughing, and when I laughed- you were laughing on the video and our laughs were the exact same. I guess we're sisters with a really cool laugh! He looks even bigger than last time I saw him. Please get the army crawl on camera and blog it!

Astrid said...

Maybe if you pureed real meat in the blender. Or just take him to Cafe Rio and get him the Pork! My one girl who won't really eat meat will eat that for sure! :)

Tawny said...

Try the Night time meals with meat they have a lot more flavor and a lot less weird texture. also try the ones mixed with veggies like sweet potatoes they taste a lot better!!
Love you and your little man too!!

Tyler, Amanda, Braxton, and Boston said...

Oh my goodness! I am sorry but that is the funniest thing ever!! I am laughing so hard and of course I am sitting here in this dead silent office and I am sure everyone is wondering what in the heck I am doing! Oh he is a doll! When are you coming up next!! I need to see you guys!! He is getting so big!

Trecia said...

I'm still laughing, and when I laughed- you were laughing on the video and our laughs were the exact same. I guess we're really friends with a really cool laugh! (It's true for me too) And by the way...good luck with that! I have no idea?

Jill said...

That is so funny. My girls both gagged & shuttered with new textures. I love the videos I have of Bailey even though it's kind of sad to see. He's so cute & is getting so big. As for advice, just keep trying different kinds, he'll get used to the textures eventually.

Unknown said...

Okay I am peeing, that is so funny. He really does like twitch when you feed it to him, that is hillarious. I cant even remember giving Seth chicken. I think I just stuck to those combined veggie/meat dinner meals or something. Sorry Im no help, but still that is awesome you got that on film.

Hali said...

Ha Ha...Poor little guy! I'm not coming anywhere near you if you're going to make me eat that yucky stuff. :)

He is so super cute! (And his neck looks really, really good!)

Hope to see you guys soon! Good luck with Back 2 School next week :)

Marilee said...

oh poor baby! i hated feeding those to mckinley... she did the same sad shudder..... i would too if someone tried to feed that to me! he'll get used to it soon, just keep trying!

Brittany said...

He is so cute! Poor guy. I just blended our own in the blender or a little food processor. I couldn't handle the smell of those things myself. Good luck!

Trecia said...

Monica, I just want to thank you for the support and strength you have been to me this past week. I know I would not have been able to pull it together if you were not by my side.
I am so blessed to have a friend like you!!

Classy Lady said...

Awww babies! So cute!!

amberandlandon said...

haha that is so funny! He is such a cute little guy. Oh Monica how I love your laugh. I miss you!

Michele said...

This was great!! I loved watching his little shudder and yet he smiled at you almost the whole time. He couldn't help but smile when you're laughing. It was soo cute. Hopefully you've gotten this figured out by know...since you posted this a little while ago. Is he eating meats yet...or gotten used to them by now?

Best of luck!

Take Care,
Michele

Tyler and Kilee said...

Oh my gosh. The chicken twitch! That is so funny and sad at the same time. I haven't reached that stage yet so I dont have any advice for you but good idea not to give him that flava again! haha I'm still laughing. I replayed it like 3 times!

Sherilyn said...

Monica Jo,
You are such an adorable little mommy! I just love the fact that you got it all on video! You are so darling! Hayden is such a cutie. What a handsome little guy he is! I know he will just have to have your personality and laugh! He does look like his daddy as well.
Lots of love to all of you,
Sherilyn