CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Enjoy The Last Days of Summer

Last weekend we went to our cabin at Timber Lakes, above Heber. We had such a good time in the great outdoors. I didn't get that many pictures but here are a few.




We all had a blast playing rock band on the wii. Even Hayden got in on the fun. Just like his shirt says "I want to rock!"



Most people who know Justin know that he can't resist playing any gaming system. Justin and our nephew Jaxon played plenty of smash brothers. The best part is that Jaxon, who is five, beat Justin quite a few times.



Do you think he was excited about the wins?
What a cutie!



We didn't spend the whole weekend inside playing video games. We went on tonz of four-wheeler rides and had fun around the campfire each night. I love the outdoors.


That weekend we also went boating with my sister Amber and her husband Jeff. Justin was so thrilled to finally wake board again after two years. He also tried the wake skate and did really well. I filmed him doing some cool stuff on the wake skate. But is that what I am going to post..... oh no. I think this is much more fun to watch.



I have been meaning to update everyone on Hayden's neck because I keep getting questions about it. I am VERY happy to inform everyone that Hayden no longer has Torticollus! After weeks of physical therapy and lots and lots and lots of stretches/exercises, Hayden's neck is much stronger and straighter. The physical therapist gave us the clean bill of health two weeks ago and we couldn't be happier. Not only because we wanted Hayden's neck fixed, but I don't think I could handle taking him to another appointment. Every single time we had to go to the physical therapist Hayden would cry- no, SCREAM the entire time. Thankfully we never have to go back! I'm so grateful we were able to fix the problem early.

*This is my random side note. I got the new Stephenie Meyer book Breaking Dawn. (Which my mother-in-law was so nice to get for me. Thanks Edith!) I just finished reading it yesterday and I am sad to say that I was not all that impressed. I really enjoyed reading the last three books so I am sad I didn't like this one. It definitely had some great parts, but overall I felt it was too slow and anticlimactic. I'm interested to hear what those who have read it think. Do you agree or disagree?

2 comments:

Hali said...

WOW! Where to begin...

Glad you had such fun at the cabin, but I'm bumbed you didn't pick me up and take me along ;). Kidding. I could really use Justin's wakeboarding expertise tho!

Second, YAY for Hayden and his neck! He is SO STINKING CUTE! Can't wait to see him (and his straight neck) again! When will that be? We really ought to set something up! I miss your face!

And finally, sorry you were disappointed with the book. Trecia told me all about it. I know what addicts you are, so my deepest condolences :)

Take care...hope to see you again soon! Luvs

Christian said...

Man, I feel like I haven't seen you forever! This is what happens when our kids are around each other, I guess. Well, we're excited for tomorrow night's dinner. Can you believe summer is over this weekend? Can you believe we're both NUTS for taking classes?!! Oh, do you need me to watch Hayden Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 so you can go to class? I don't know why I'm posting this question because I'll just ask you tomorrow...Oh well.