CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Three Cheers for Hayden!!!


Hip Hip Hooray! Hayden is sleeping through the night!!!!! Thanks to the book Babywise. So I guess I should be saying “Three cheers for Babywise!” I had three failed attempts with the babywise schedule and was about to give up trying- but my sister Jessica convinced me to dedicate a week to getting Hayden on the schedule- so I did and it worked! So I guess Jess deserves a few cheers herself. Hayden is now sleeping ten to twelve hours a night- rather than waking up at least two to three times a night. I recommend Babywise for any new mom or mom-to-be. It takes some work, but it is definitely worth it!

(The reason he is a little burrito is because he sleeps much better when he is swaddled.)

And I couldn’t resist putting up this video of Hayden. I took this one night when we were trying to get Hayden to bed but he was being extremely fussy- as usual. He loves to be rocked in his car seat so we put him in it to rock him to sleep- but he decided he wanted to play instead. So here is Hayden charming his way out of going to sleep- and it worked. (You will see why we call him lizard boy- he loves his tongue)


16 comments:

Jessica said...

hip hip horray! I knew you could do it. (with a little help from yours truely) This is great news. Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns and show these little people who's boss! Happy baby = happy mommy = lucky daddy!

lulu said...

I used Babywise too. Isn't it nice to have a schedule. Congrats on more sleep and a little time for just you and Justin.

Amber said...

Good for you!! That is the best news :) That video is so cute. He just changes so much each time I see him. Its fun to watch him interact. And boy he has a long tounge!!! Cutie.

Michele said...

Monica...

This was so fun to see your sweet little boy. He's such a cutie. I loved the video too, loved his smile and the cooing. :)

I found your blog via Amber's blog. It's great fun to keep up and see how everyone is doing through these blogs. I really enjoy reading them.

Hope all is well and congratulations on becoming a mommy! You have a darling little family!

Love,
Your Aunt Michele
in Texas! :)

Tyler and Kilee said...

Ok, why haven't I heard of Babywise?? Is it a book or program or what? One other question...does it work while in the womb because this baby doesn't sleep at night either! haha j/k That video of Hayden is so cute. What a happy baby! If I'm not aloud to own a home until age 25 then you aren't allowed to have a baby sleeping 12 hours through the night! Wow, that is seriously amazing. I'm definitely trying this! Go Jackmans!

Tyler, Amanda, Braxton, and Boston said...

WAY TO GO!! I have about 3 people who swear by babywise!! I was even given the book by one of my friends forever ago so i would not for get about it! The video is so DARLING! I still can't beleive you are a mom! I will give you a call tonight!! Talk to you soon!

Natalie, Brent, Abbey, Kyle, Ethan, and Mariah said...

Hey, he is such a cute little guy! We have been wondering how you guys have been and now we know. We are so happy for you guys. We'll have to stay in touch!

Marilee said...

your blog is sooo cute! Lil' Hayden is ADORABLE! I am so excited to be able to keep in touch through blogs! I have to say you made my night at the good ol' TCP when you called! CHEERS to you and your cute lil' family!

Astrid said...

MONICA!!!!! I'm so freaking excited you found me!!! What a cute little boy you have, wow that sounds like Little Red Riding Hood. I'm jealous of people with little boys. I can't believe you a have a little baby. I've been wondering what has happened to you since you left TCP and basically lost all sight of what was truly important . . . padding Ezra's wallet! We need to have some sort of TCP reunion, maybe even with Rodger, I never got the meet him. Also we should for sure invite Mike Lowe. You totally made my night! :) Oh and for sure Amber is NOT allowed at the reunion. HE HE HE

Tawny said...

I love your stinkin guts and I can't believe I didn't get a shower invite or anything. Congrats on your little bundle. Lots of love.
Tawny and Cooper Betts

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

Congratulations you guys on the baby, I din't even know that you were expecting! Are you still at SUU? How is it being a mother?
qtbell.blogspot.com

Kirk said...

Congrats! We miss you guys! He is a cutie! Good luck in everything you do.

Brittany said...

You have got to tell me how you did this. Spencer is 10 months old and still not sleeping through the night and I am going crazy. I've tried just about everything out there, but maybe this is different. I love seeing your cute family on your blog! Glad to see you're doing good.
Brittany

AnneMarie said...

Monica!! Your baby is darling! So happy for you guys! I found your blog and I would love to be blogging friends so we can stay in touch. Will you email me so I can add you as a user on our blog? So glad you are a blogger so I can keep up with your darling fam! annemarie.mcdonald@gmail.com

Unknown said...

So your blog is very cute! I found it from the Matthews! Ha. LIttle Hayden is handsome! Once again, happy for you in the sleeping through the night feat. check us out cwmorris@blogspot.com

amberandlandon said...

Hello fellow mommy! He is so cute!! I loved the video. I'll have to check out this Babywise...it sounds excellent. Let me know when you come up so we can catch up and talk about how cute our babies are! :)